Product Description: The assay is a competitive ELISA in which the signal is inversely proportional to the amount of PI(4,5)P2 produced. Once PI(4,5)P2 has been extracted from cell samples, it is first incubated with a PI(4,5)P2 detector protein, then added to the PI(4,5)P2-coated microplate for competitive binding. A peroxidase-linked secondary detection reagent and colorimetric substrate is used to detect the PI(4,5)P2 detector protein binding to the plate. The colorimetric signal is inversely proportional to the amount of PI(4,5)P2 extracted from cells.
Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate, or PI(4,5)P2, is a ubiquitous lipid shown to play a central role in a variety of cell functions including the PKB/Akt pathway leading to cell growth, motility, inflammation, and apoptosis. PI(4,5)P2 is a substrate for class I phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K) and the product of PTEN phosphatase activity.
Featured in Publications:
1. Ehrmantrout, Kimberly K., Branch, Angie M., Neilsen, Paul O., and Thompson, James E.."Nonradioactive Quantification of Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase (PI3K) Products from Breast Cancer Cell Lines". American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB), Washington, DC. 2007.
2. Ehrmantrout, Kimberly K., Branch, Angie M., Neilsen, Paul O.. "Quantification of PI3-Kinase Products from Breast Cancer Cell Lines". American Association for Cancer Research (AACR). Denver, CO. 2009.
3. Musse, A.A., Gao, W. et al. “Myelin basic protein co-distributes with other PI(4,5)P2-sequestering proteins in Triton X-100 detergent-resistant membrane microdomains”. Neuroscience Letters, 450(1):32-36
4. Costa, C., Ebi, H., et al. "Measurement of PIP3 Levels Reveals an Unexpected Role for p110beta in Early Adaptive Responses to p110alpha-Specific Inhibitors in Luminal Breast Cancer" Cell 27(1):97-108
5. Gross, C., C.-W. Chang, et al. (2015). "Increased Expression of the PI3K Enhancer PIKE Mediates Deficits in Synaptic Plasticity and Behavior in Fragile X Syndrome." Cell Reports, DOI:10.1016/j.celrep.2015.03.060
6. S. Choi, et al. "Agonist-stimulated phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate generation by scaffolded phosphoinositide kinases" Nature Cell Biology (2016) 18(12), 1324-35, doi:10.1038/ncb3441
PIP Mass Assays
PI(3,4,5)P3 Mass ELISA (K-2500s)
PTEN Enzyme (E-3000)
Protein Kinases and Phosphatases
PTEN Activity ELISA (K-4700)
Keywords: PI3 Kinase, PI3 K, PIP2, PTEN, Phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate, PtdIns(4,5)P2, PI(4,5)P2, PIP2, Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, PI 3-kinase, PI3-Kinase, PI3-K, PI3K, PTEN, Phosphatase and tensin homolog, Phosphatases, cell extraction, lipid extraction, extraction