PI(3)P Mass ELISA
assay and reagents for drug discovery in lipid signaling pathways
Catalog No.: K-3300
Description: The PI(3)P Mass ELISA measures the amount of PI(3)P extracted from cells by means of a competitive ELISA.
Assay Range: 400 to 0.39 pmol PI(3)P
Sample Type: Dried down lipid extracted from cells
Sample Volume: 180 μL/sample, run in triplicate.
The PI(3)P Mass ELISA Kit allows for the determination of PI3-K activity by quantifying the amount of PI(3)P found in cells. After following a non-radioactive lipid extraction protocol, the PI(3)P samples obtained from millions of cells are detected on a competitive ELISA. The cellular PI(3)P samples are mixed and incubated with a PI(3)P Detector protein, then added to a PI(3)P-coated microplate for competitive binding. A peroxidase-linked secondary detector and colorimetric detection is used to detect the PI(3)P protein binding to the plate. The assay is sensitive to 1.0 pmol PI(3)P. The colorimetric signal is inversely proportional to the amount of PI(3)P obtained.
Format:96-well Competitive ELISA
Storage:2-8°C, and -20°C
Featured in Publications:1. Nonradioactive Quantification of Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) Products from Breast Cancer Cell Lines
2. Quantification of PI3-Kinase Products from Breast Cancer Cell Lines
3. Bhattacharjee, S., R. V. Stahelin, et al. (2012). "Endoplasmic reticulum PI(3)P lipid binding targets malaria proteins to the host cell." Cell 148(1-2): 201-12.
4. Fetalvero, K. M., Y. Yu, et al. (2013). "Defective Autophagy and mTORC1 Signaling in Myotubularin Null Mice." Molecular and Cellular Biology 33(1): 98-110.
5. Mbengue, A., S. Bhattacharjee, et al. (2015). "A molecular mechanism of artemisinin resistance in Plasmodium falciparum malaria." Nature, doi:10.1038/nature14412
6. Boddey, J. A., M. T. O/'Neill, et al. (2015). "Export of malaria proteins requires co-translational processing of the PEXEL motif independent of phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate binding." Nat Commun 7: 1-14. DOI:10.1038/ncomms10470
7. S. Choi, et al. "Agonist-stimulated phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate generation by scaffolded phosphoinositide kinases" Nature Cell Biology (2016) 18(12), 1324-35, doi:10.1038/ncb3441
Related Products:PIP Mass Assays
K-3000, Class III PI3K Elisa Kit
K-5200, INPP4 Activity ELISA kit
Enzyme:E-8000, INPP4A Enzyme
Antibody:Anti-hVps34 Antibody for IP(Z-R015), Anti-hVps34 Antibody for WB(Z-R016)
Keywords: PI3K, PI3 Kinase, PI3 K, PI3-K, PI3P
FAQ - PIP Mass Assays
Tech Data Sheet - TDS_K-3300_ Rev6x